200g Hamour fish fillet, cut into chunks.
100 g fresh spinach
2 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves
2 fresh tomatoes
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Medium lemon, juiced
½ Cup water
30 g fresh coriander
30 g fresh parsley
Chili pepper, black pepper, cumin, as per desire.
- Marinate the fish with cumin, lemon, black pepper and backed it in the oven.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion, spinach, garlic, then add the fresh tomato and the tomato paste. Pour the water and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add pepper, cumin and lemon juice.
- Put the fish on top of the sauce and keep it boiling for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve with white or brown rice.
Nutritional message: Always add nutritious element to your favorite dish to enhance its nutritional value. In this traditional dish, spinach was added which is a rich source of iron and antioxidants “Filafinoad", fiber and many minerals and vitamins.